Dear Wang,

On Nov 22, 2012, at 12:01 PM, Wang HF wrote:

I used UNA Tool to run an analysis of 90k building polygons, and there is no problem. (...)
regards,
Wang Haofeng

Thanks for the info. As UNA is freely available, we will try to run the 160k map in few weeks and if we succeed we will give feedback. The problem with UNA is that it runs within ArcGIS, which sort of cancels the open source idea, it would be nicer if it worked in a open source GIS, like Quantum or OpenJUMP. [The other problem for us here, of course, is that works with metric distances only]. In any case UNA is a great tool and I believe that the state of the art for this kind of analysis is now with MIT.

I am still waiting for Daniel's reply, but I think Place Syntax still can't handle maps of this size, or any map bigger than Stockholm for that matter. As PST is not available anymore [ and MapInfo was sold to another company, not sure about its current status ], does anyone can point a publication showing an application of PST for a large map? There is anything published after the original paper? I only found Lars papers about spatial capital.

Best Regards,
Lucas Figueiredo