Apologies for cross-posting - message sent on behalf of Frank Coton, Vice-Principal (Learning and Teaching), University of Glasgow

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to share further details of the Sixth Annual University of Glasgow Learning and Teaching Conference which will take place on Friday 19th April 2013.  The conference is open to all members of the University community with an interest in learning and teaching, and once again, to a number of external contributors and participants.

The conference will focus particularly on the following themes:

1. Broadening students' educational experiences
2. Using assessment to support student learning
3. Harnessing technology for effective learning
4. Education for sustainable development in our curricula
5. Making it work - overcoming real challenges from practice

Call for abstracts:
The conference will comprise a mixture of presentations (30 minutes) and interactive workshops (60 minutes); I invite you, therefore, to submit abstracts for presentations and workshops using the online tool at: http://learn.gla.ac.uk/abstracts/

All abstracts should address at least one of the above themes, and selection will be based on the following criteria:

*  breadth of interest to the community
*  links to the University's Learning and Teaching Strategy [not for external contributions]

Please submit your abstracts by 30th November 2012. As with the 2012 conference, successful abstracts will be published in the Proceedings in booklet and online formats.

Registration:
Registration will open early in the new year, when the full programme will be announced.  Full details will also be published on the website.

Building on the success of the 2012 conference, I look forward to your participation in what I am sure will prove to be, once again, a lively and engaging event.

Kind regards

Frank

Professor Frank N. Coton
BSc (Hons) PhD CEng AFAIAA FRAeS
Vice-Principal (Learning and Teaching)

Direct line +44 (0) 141 330 4305
Personal Assistant +44 (0) 141-330-2957 Fax +44 (0) 141-330-2941

11 The Square
University of Glasgow
Glasgow, G12 8QQ

email: [log in to unmask]