APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

Hello All

We are delighted to announce that the new of PESTLHE is available now. To view the latest papers please visit www.pestlhe.org.uk (table of contest below)

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our reviewers for working with us and providing such timely and constructive reviews.

Our next issue in April 2013 and we are accepting papers for this and onward issues. Deadline for papers to be considered for the April publication is January 15th 2013.

Kind regards

Jane

Dr Jane Pritchard

Educational Developer

LSE Teaching and Learning Centre

T: 020 7107 5343 E: [log in to unmask]

Editor in Chief PESTLHE www.pestlhe.org.uk

LSE Teaching and Learning Centre

20 Kingsway, London WC2A 2AE

T: 020 7955 6624 | E: [log in to unmask] | W: lse.ac.uk/tlc | Twitter: @LSETLC | Blog: lse.ac.uk/teachingblog

October 2012

--------

·       Editorial October 2012 (1-2) - Robert Matthew, Jane MacKenzie, Jane Pritchard

·       Passing on words of wisdom: Using graduating student nurses’ experiences to influence the development of new entrants to a nursing programme. (3-20) -             Caroline Elizabeth Gibson, Kathleen MacDonald

·       Staying on course: factors affecting first year international students’ decisions to persist or withdraw from degrees in a post 1992 UK university (21-46) - Jennifer Jones, Stephanie Fleischer

·       From teaching to assessment: Benefits of interactive lecture cues (47-62) - Jana Michelle Hackathorn, Erin D. Solomon, Rachel E Tennial, Amy M. Garczynski, Kathryn B. Votaw

·       Student authored and critiqued multiple choice questions benefit examination performance in anatomy – a pilot study (63-78) -   Paul M Rea, John D McClure

·       Evaluating and enhancing the feedback process: an international college case study (79-95) - Michael P McEwan

PESTLHE

www.pestlhe.org.uk

ISSN 1750-8428