As a new member of The Kipling Society, I was premature in submitting an article and discussion item to the esteemed Kipling Society. Since that time, I have followed threads posted by more knowledgeable Kipling intellects, reached out and connected to individual members for advice from how to go about learning more about Rudyard Kipling, to the appropriateness of offering topic items for discussion. My literary essay, Rudyard & Michelle: a Literary Union, Forms a Century Apart, has reached a benchmark of acceptance amongst the fan club of Michelle, and has sparked debate in many literary circles, that move beyond the intended reaches of the essay.

However, the only comment received to date, that I do not wish to apply, is that it is of a political nature, more so, than a tribute to Rudyard Kipling's masterpiece, 'If'.

I welcome and implore The Society's members to take a brief moment to read a short essay from a new member, trying to reach a whole new audience in the states. It would be humbling if you were to comment and/or offer suggestions regarding cleansing any political polarizing nature.

Thank you for the remarkable work in maintaining Kipling's legacy through the generations.

http://www.ifthepublicblogger.blogspot.com/

Kendall F. Person
Sacramento, California, USA