** Apologies for cross-posting **

The DaMaRO Project recently conducted a survey on research data management training for science researchers. Focusing on eleven key data management tasks, we asked researchers how confident they felt, how much training (formal and informal) they'd received, and how beneficial they felt additional training in that area would be. Almost two hundred researchers responded, and their answers provided some helpful pointers regarding the areas in which training is most needed, which will inform our work over the next few months.

The results of the survey are now available online. A blog post gives an overview of our findings, and a spreadsheet summarizing the full results (with some illustrative charts and graphs) is available from the Project Outputs page of the DaMaRO website. Additionally, if anyone would like a copy of the raw (anonymized) data to do further analysis of their own, we'd be happy to supply one - get in touch via [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Meriel Patrick

--
Dr Meriel Patrick
Analyst and Training Officer, DaMaRO Project

IT Services, University of Oxford
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN
Tel. 01865 (2)73260
http://www.it.ox.ac.uk/

Usual working days: Mondays, Wednesday afternoons, and Fridays