Hello all,

We are transitioning to a new Intranet system that does not allow for secure storage of information and records, and our IT department is considering Sharepoint 2010 as a tool for electronic records management. We looked into Sharepoint 2007 a few years ago; however, following MoReq2 specifications, we weren't convinced that Sharepoint 2007 was adequate for proper records management, or for our Council's needs.

Can anyone on the listserve recommend Sharepoint 2010 as a viable tool for secure and efficient records management? Also can anyone confirm or deny compliance with the MoReq (2 or 2010) specification?

Any advice or information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stacey Kerfoot
Corporate Records Manager
North Lanarkshire Council
Tel: 01698 274 589

________________________________

Our organisational values are:

respect | commitment | pride in the job | listening and learning

North Lanarkshire Council's Web Site -
http://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/

are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the System Manager and thereafter delete the e-mail from
your system.  The System Manager may be contacted at
[log in to unmask] or by telephone on 01698 302254.
E-mail transmission is not secure and information can be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed or incomplete.  The sender does
not accept any liability for errors or omissions arising as a result
of e-mail transmission or interception.  Please note that incoming
e-mails are routinely scanned for the purpose of detecting offensive
or inappropriate materials.