     Europe's leading Information and Records Management event returns to
the sunny south coast of England in 2013, as the IRMS Conference celebrates
30 years at the forefront of all things records and information.

Our 2012 Conference has been described by many as our best event to date,
we are now commencing our search for presentations and papers that will
raise the bar to an even higher level in 2013, and are inviting anyone
wishing to speak at the Conference to make a submission.

We are looking for anyone who feels that they have something to say which
will make a big impact, stimulate minds, be informative, entertaining or
educational.  If that’s you then we urge you to get in touch and be a part
of this industry-leading event. We are particularly looking for different
types of session and novel methods of delivery and so if you have any
ideas; let us know - the more exciting the better.

Our Theme for the 2013 conference is *Big Data, Open Data: the challenges
for the Information and Records Management Professional*. The way in which
data is stored and managed is evolving at a faster rate than ever before,
with more data being stored at higher rates and in greater variety,
presenting significant implications on the ways in which information and
records are being created, stored, managed and retrieved, both in the short
and long term. This hot topic will look specifically at how the data we
store and use in information and records management is changing, what we
can expect in the future and the risks and ramifications that this presents
to the work we carry out every day.

As always however, the IRMS conference is an eclectic event and our search
for speakers is not limited to those speaking directly to this theme.  If
you have something to say on another emerging topic, of your own
experiences or have an insightful view on Information and Records
Management we are waiting to hear from you.

If you would like to speak at the 2013 IRMS Conference, you will need to
submit a brief synopsis (no more than 200 words) on the subject and style
of your proposed paper/presentation. The deadline for this is Friday 7
December. Please direct your synopsis to [log in to unmask]

Sessions will be considered on their merit and content, in the context of
the themes, the keynote speakers and the other sessions and subjects being
covered.

And its certainly worthwhile being a speaker at the IRMS conference as all
speakers automatically receive a complementary place at the conference on
the day of their session. We value our speakers and recognise that some may
wish to stay longer than one day and so the IRMS has created two subsidised
speaker packages: speakers may wish to stay for one night (including dinner
and breakfast) at the Hilton for just £75 or upgrade to a full place at
conference at the special speaker rate of just £250, around a third of the
standard Conference rate. All speakers will, of course, receive travel
expenses.   Speaking at the IRMS Conference is also of course a great
opportunity to gain some experience towards your Accreditation with the
Society, develop professionally and make some vital expert contacts.

All the best,

*Rob Hutton*
IRMS Conference Director