Fra: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in Design [[log in to unmask]] på vegne av CAMERON TONKINWISE [[log in to unmask]]
Sendt: 27. november 2012 18:49
Til: [log in to unmask]
Emne: Re: External Examination of US PhDs

Thanks for the feedback so far.

For clarification, I understand that most US PhDs allow if not encourage
externals on the Advisory Committee. I am specifically interested in
situations in design and related areas where the final assessment of
the dissertation requires someone to read and evaluate the disser-
ration who has not encountered the research or the researcher
throughout the process of the production of the research - so an
external final examiner rather than an external advisor from the
beginning.

Cameron