Dear all,

Jorum's final Enhancement Project is to do a UI/UX review of the new Jorum front end and stats features, soon to be launched.

We're working with Ian Piper of Tellura on this, and will be carrying out the testing at Mimas on 22-24 January next year. I wondered if I could solicit your help in getting participants, as we would like a good mix of HE and FE, different subject areas, and level of experience with Jorum (i.e. none through some to loads).

The basic criteria are that they can come to Mimas (Oxford Road, Manchester) on their own steam/expense for an hour, and that they have some teaching responsibilities in HE or FE. We are offering £15 vouchers for their trouble.

I've put together a template email that you can send out:

Dear XXX,

Mimas<http://mimas.ac.uk/> at Manchester University is looking for people who teach in universities and colleges to assist us with testing a new user interface for the Jorum<http://www.jorum.ac.uk/> service. We are looking for folk at all levels of higher and further education, and from all subject areas, including those who have used Jorum in the past, and those who have never used it.

We need about an hour of your time, during business hours, between 22-24 January 2013. We will ask you to attend at Mimas for a specified timeslot, at our Oxford Road offices on the 5th Floor of the Roscoe Building<http://mimas.ac.uk/contact/travel/>.

We are offering a £15 voucher for those who take part, to express our thanks. You can select a voucher from M&S, iTunes or Amazon (let us know beforehand which you would prefer).

PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to use everyone who offers to help as we need a good mix of HE and FE, subject areas taught, and level of experience with Jorum.

If you are interested in helping us with this, please get back to me with:
Name:
Contact phone number:
Email address:
What sector, subject and institution you are associated with: (e.g. "FE, teach Hairdressing at Blackburn College")
Whether you have previously used Jorum:
What times/dates within 22-24 January work for you (we will get in touch to confirm):
What kind of voucher would you prefer (M&S, iTunes or Amazon?):

This work is being supervised by Sarah Currier, Jorum Service Manager at Mimas ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), and carried out by Ian Piper of Tellura ([log in to unmask])<mailto:[log in to unmask])>."

So: let me know if you send these out as I am keeping a contact spreadsheet (probably CC'ing me in is the best idea). Any help at all most gratefully received.

Warm wishes,
Sarah

--

Sarah Currier  |  Jorum Service Manager<http://www.jorum.ac.uk/>

Mimas  |  Roscoe Building (5th Floor)  |  Oxford Road  |  The University of Manchester  |  Manchester  |  United Kingdom  |  M13 9PL

Tel.: +44 (0)161 275 6034 (ext. 56034)  |  Mob.: +44 (0)7980855801

Skype & Twitter: morageyrie