This immediately made me think of Rufus Pollack and the OKFN, so I
forwarded to him and he replied:

Can  you suggest people ping the Open Humanities mailing list - see:

http://humanities.okfn.org/get-involved/

Rufus

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Amber THOMAS <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Forwarded from Nicola Osborne at Edina
>

> Hi there,
>
> Myself and my colleagues at EDINA are considering running a hackday
> (likely to be December this year) for a project we've been working on and
> which I hope may be of interest. The project is called Will's World and it
> is a JISC-funded project to build a registry of metadata about Shakespeare
> resources across the UK.
>
> We have been inspired by other excellent hack events we've been to and are
> wanting to run our own online hack event. We think that's a fairly unusual
> way to do it and we really want some feedback on the idea and the format
> from the people we want to be involved - which might hopefully include some
> of you.
>
> The hackday would be open to all (as will the registry) and I am very much
> hoping you might able to involved either in giving us some feedback on the
> idea, in the event itself or both! It would be fantastic if we could have
> an OER hack or two as the Shakespeare material is, of course, very rich for
> combining with existing resources or creating whole new ways to engage with
> and learn from the texts.
>
> We've put up a blogpost about our idea here:
> http://willsworld.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2012/10/18/online-hack-event/
>
> And the survey we are running to capture feedback is here:
> https://www.survey.ed.ac.uk/willsworldhack/
>
> Please do feel free to forward/share with others - we want to both get
> word out about the possible event and capture as much feedback as possible
> before we start planning so we can make sure it actually works well.
>
> Huge thanks in advance!
>
> - Nicola.
>
> --
> Nicola Osborne
> Social Media Officer
>
> EDINA website:
> http://www.edina.ac.uk/
>
> t: 0131 651 3873
> e: [log in to unmask]
>
> a: EDINA, The University of Edinburgh, Causewayside House, 158-162
> Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PR
>
> The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
> with registration number SC005336.

Katherine Fletcher, [log in to unmask]
Twitter: kefletcher <http://www.twitter.com/kefletcher> Blog:
kefletcher.blogspot.com