From: Lindsey Hall <[log in to unmask]>
To: OCC-HEALTH <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 11:32
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Release of OH notes

Hi Tracy

I feel like I'm sticking my neck out here and legal advice would be good but I
agree with Matt in that a court order needs to be complied with.  My advice
would be:
1) Ask to see the court order and see what it is actually asking for.
2) Take three copies of it.
3) Place one copy in the actual notes.
4) Release from the notes a copy of what is specifically being asked for - not
the original documents - and include a copy of the order.
5) Take another copy of the notes as you are bound to be asked for this by the
other side (with consent of course) and include a copy of the order with this.
6) Contact the person to whom the notes relate and inform him/her of your
actions and that you are releasing under a court order.

I'm happy to be corrected on this but I think this is more about how you release
the notes, not whether you release them.

Lindsey

Lindsey Hall
Director and Independent Occupational Health Adviser
Split Dimension Ltd
Phone: 01454 852715
Fax: 01454 740045
Mobile: 07771 596111
Web: www.splitdimension.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/splitdimension
The Health at Work Guide to Life - out now!

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the named  addressee or think you may not be the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely
on the contents of this transmission and should destroy it immediately. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify me as soon as possible.

Please note that Split Dimension does not accept any responsibility for viruses,
malware or any other potentially harmful programmes or systems and it is your
responsibility to protect your computer systems against any possible
contamination that might be contained in transmissions and/or attachments.

Split Dimension Ltd. Registered in England and Wales.  No 5725582.