[apologies for cross posting]

Time:

Venue:

Programme:

Places:

Cost:

Friday 23rd November, 2012

10am – 4pm

Manchester Metropolitan University Business School (directions)

Download draft programme (PDF)

50 (strictly limited)

£35.00

e-Assessment Association

in partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University

invite you to the

eAA Regional Event - Manchester

It’s now 2 weeks away before the next e-Assessment Association (eAA) Regional Event, a programme of insightful and practical snapshots of how technology is extending the possibilities for assessment in institutions and organisations around the country. The e-Assessment Association, a national body which exists to promote the use of e-assessment in education is working in partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University to hold the event at the University on the 23rd of November.

As well as providing you with a range of assessment-led technologies and approaches which you can apply within your own contexts, also featured are a number of presentations which look to a future of Open Badges (Doug Belshaw) and an augmented view (Judy Bloxham) of assessment. There’s something here for everyone!

We warmly invite you to come along this stimulating and interactive event – to hear, to share, and to learn.

Our latest addition to the programme is Cheryl Reynolds from Huddersfield University:

Electronic Assessment Management: Benefits for Students, Staff and Institutions

Cheryl Reynolds, University of Huddersfield

This presentation shares recent findings on the potential benefits and challenges of electronic assessment management. The findings are drawn from a major, JISC-funded study currently running at the University of Huddersfield, responding to the drive towards improved student satisfaction and achievement, in economically sustainable ways that also maintain a rewarding and efficient tutor experience.

The presentation will be delivered by Cheryl Reynolds who is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Education and Professional Development and winner of the Learning Without Frontiers Award for innovation in the Higher Education Sector, 2012.

Other highlights include:

·         Karen Coyle taking an OpenClass approach to assessment

·         Doug Belshaw explaining why you should be thinking of adding Badges to your CV

·         Simon Wilkinson introducing Rogô, a complete assessment solution

·         Calum and Hannah on the next step after plagiarism reports

Now, we mentioned that the event would be interactive and here we plan to maximise the flow of good ideas through channelling the collective expertise present into answering the questions that you especially want answered. So, if you’re wondering things like:

1.       How can I build up a bank of assessment questions if I have no time to spare?

2.       What tools can manage my assessment submission, IV, EV and feedback processes?

3.       Is there a way to assess group work reliably using a technological solution?

Then, we are tasking our experts with these common issues in the first instance. If you have any additional assessment-related questions that you’d like to see them tackle (address, you could say), then please send them to Kenji Lamb ([log in to unmask]) before the 19th of November.

We hope you will join us and are able to take your active part in a day that promises to offer many new tips, techniques and ideas.

Register for the eAA Regional Event Manchester

;-)

Kenji Lamb

Soffed

e: [log in to unmask]