The Society for the History of Alchemy and Chemistry presents its 2012 Autumn Meeting:

"What's the Matter? The Material Culture of Chemistry"

Saturday 8 December

Science Museum, London

A day of talks, tours and discussion, exploring the rich material culture of alchemy, chemistry and the chemical sciences, hosted by the Science Museum of London. From gold to gunpowder, books to crucibles, we'll explore what objects can teach us about chemistry's past.

Events include:

*Guided tours of "James Watt and our World" (including Watt's workshop), and "Signs, Symbols, Secrets: An Illustrated Guide to Alchemy."

*Talks by guest speakers and guides

Registration is £15 (£10 for students and SHAC members).  Please register at:

http://www.ambix.org

The programme may be downloaded at http://events.history.ac.uk/event/show/7561

Questions? Please contact the SHAC Hon. Secretary, Dr Anna Marie Roos: [log in to unmask]

Anna Marie Roos, Ph.D., F.L.S.
The Lister Research Fellow
Honorary Secretary, The Society for the History of Alchemy and Chemistry
History Faculty, University of Oxford
Old Boys' High School, George Street, Oxford OX1 2RL
Email: [log in to unmask]