Dear Sir/Madam,

We are delighted to invite you to a public lecture organized by Al-Furqan Islamic Heritage Foundation, on Wednesday 28th November 2012, starting at 17.30.

The lecture will be given by Professor Qassim al-Samarrai, professor of Arabic & Islamic Studies, entitled The Critical Edition of Manuscripts - Past, Present and Future.

Please note that there will be an informal reception before the lecture, starting at 17.00. There will be refreshments and snacks; we would be obliged if you could RSVP to the invitation so that we can cater for you.

Further details regarding the programme of the evening are provided in the attached invitation.

We do hope that you can join us and look forward to seeing you.

Kind regards,

Sali Shahsivari, Managing Director
Al-Furqan Islamic Heritage Foundation

Al-Furqan Islamic Heritage Foundation

requests the pleasure of your company and guest

at a public lecture

The Critical Edition of Manuscripts

Past, Present and Future

                  by Professor Qasim al-Samarrai, professor of Arabic & Islamic studies

To be held on Wednesday 28th November 2012, at Al-Furqan Islamic Heritage Foundation

22A Old Court Place, Kensington, London W8 4PL

Professor Dr Qasim al-Samarrai studied comparative mysticism for his doctorate at Cambridge University. He has held teaching posts at the universities of Cambridge, Baghdad, Leiden, Garyunis (Libya), and Ibn Saud (Saudi Arabia). He has published more than 60 works on various themes and topics, especially on Arabic and Islamic Paleography and Codicology.

The Critical Edition of Manuscripts - Past, Present and Future

In this lecture, Professor Qasim al-Samarrai will discuss the following issues:

-       A historical view on the critical edition of manuscripts
-       The critical edition today; the importance, needs and challenges
-       The critical edition and its horizons in future

Following the lecture, there will be the launch of the Al-Furqan new Website.

The programme of the evening:

17.00 - 17.30    Reception and networking
17.30 - 17.35    Welcoming words
17.35 - 18.35  Lecture by Professor Qasim al-Samarrai on The Critical Edition of Manuscripts - Past, Present and Future
18.35 - 19.05   Discussion
19.05 - 19.15   Launch of Al-Furqan new Website
19.15                  Closing of the event

Dress code: not applicable

Refreshments: from 17.00 to 17.30

Invitation: for you and a guest

RSVP: [log in to unmask]

--
Ayah El Mawy
Office Manager

Al-Furqan Islamic Heritage Foundation
Tel: +44 203 130 1530
Fax: +44 207 937 2540
22A Old Court Place
London, W8 4PL
United Kingdom
http://www.al-furqan.com

Disclaimer
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Al-Furqan Islamic Heritage Foundation.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone.