The National Library of Scotland and Wilbourn Associates are pleased to
announce the completion of a project to mosaic and georeference the
Ordnance Survey six-inch to the mile (1:10,560) maps of Scotland
(1892-1905). This consists of 4,848 sheets, and we have made the results
available through our Mosaic Viewer ( http://geo.nls.uk/search/mosaic/
). Through geo-referencing, the maps can be easily viewed as a seamless
layer, and compared to other dates of mapping as well as to modern maps
and satellite images.

Please do take a look and view the layer:
http://maps.nls.uk/openlayers.cfm?m=1&id=6  (links direct to the
six-inch layer in the Mosaic Viewer)

And in addition... to encourage folk to explore the new georeferenced
layer, we have also put together a brief quiz on it with prizes to be
won: http://geo.nls.uk/partners/wilbourn/os6inch_quiz.html

Chris Fleet
Senior Map Curator
National Library of Scotland
159 Causewayside
EDINBURGH
EH9 1PH
United Kingdom.

Tel. 0131 623 3973
Fax. 0131 623 3971
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

View maps website: http://maps.nls.uk

Visit the National Library of Scotland online at www.nls.uk

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the Information Systems Helpdesk on +44 131 623 3789 or [log in to unmask] and delete this e-mail. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Library of Scotland. The National Library of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity. Scottish Charity No. SC011086. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and has been
scanned by iCritical.

Follow us on Twitter for twice-weekly updates.
Become our fan on Facebook and keep up-to-date that way too.