-----Original Message-----
From: A general Library and Information Science list for news and
discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andy Barrow
Sent: 01 November 2012 14:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: It's time to go...

LIS-LINK colleagues and friends!

It's time to go...

As my 64th birthday has just accelerated past me I've decided that it's time
to go. Well almost... I will be retiring from the University of Portsmouth
on December 31st, although the leave I'm owed means that I will be scuttling
away into the dusk at the end of November. That said proper retirement's
still a little way off as I have been offered the job of developing the
library at a new technical college in Oman and I will be taking up this post
early in January 2013.  Off the record my family think that I'm completely
mad to be doing this, saying that I should retiring rather than taking up
new challenges abroad, but they are becoming increasingly supportive of my
going, realising that a chance like this will never come my way again...

I've worked in academic libraries since 1980 and over that period I've seen
a lot of change.  What hasn't changed at all is the kindness and helpfulness
offered to me on so many occasions by colleagues here and abroad, and so I
offer you all my very best wishes for the future.

Andy

Andrew Barrow
Science Librarian
& IR Manager