From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Victoria Wright
Sent: 29 November 2012 12:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [lis-e-resources] Help set the benchmark for facilitating access to freely available resources

*Apologies for any cross posting*

Help set the benchmark for facilitating access to freely available resources

We are currently recruiting librarians from the UK for a one-day focus group to be held in Central London. Reasonable travel expenses, refreshments and a thank-you Amazon e-gift card will be provided to each attendee.

Taylor & Francis is investigating the challenges librarians face in helping their users to understand and realize the value of the increasing quantity of content that is freely available to read, including open access journals, repositories, blogs and wikis.  Users are increasingly overwhelmed with content and find it difficult to navigate effectively through what is available and then apply it in their research, studies or teaching. Yet librarians often have no ‘ownership’ over this non-purchased content in the traditional sense of library acquisition and often no usage statistics by which to gauge relevance.

We will be presenting the findings of our research, including the results of this focus group, in the form of a white paper.

If you are interested to be involved in our research please email [log in to unmask] for more details. The focus group will provide essential information and help to shape recommended practices related to non-purchased content. A white paper on the findings of this research will be made available publically on the Taylor & Francis website next year.

These respondents will also receive a copy of the aggregated results. Note that any results shared will be anonymous and only aggregate data will be released.

In addition, if you are interested in keeping up to date with Taylor & Francis, please follow us @tandfnewsroom.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

*Please note there that will be a selection process as the focus group has limited places

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG
DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.