From: Tectonics & structural geology discussion list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of <Blanca> <van Hasselt>. [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 November 2012 01:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mobilization of impure evaporites

Hi Thomas,

It is not only impurity content but also the nature of the inclusions.
Significant fluid inclusion content seems to give higher creep rates than cases where only solid inclusions are present.
A second aspect is texture: for a similar impurity content fine particle inclusions disseminated in the evaporite matrix give higher creep rates than when present as nodules, bands or interbedding.

best regards,

Blanca VAN HASSELT
Tel: +81.80.6396.5389  - Japan : GMT+9

Geostock
7, Rue Eugène et Armand Peugeot
92563 RUEIL-MALMAISON  CEDEX  - FRANCE
Tel: +33.1.47.08.73.64   -   Fax: +33.1.47.08.73.73

www.geostockgroup.com