Geotectonics community,

I would like to bring your attention to a meeting that has a number of theme sessions and field trips of potential interest, for which abstract submission has just opened.  This is the 2013 Geological Society of America Cordilleran Section Meeting, held May 20-22, 2013 in Fresno, California.  Particularly noteworthy are a core group of technical sessions and field trips of broad/international interest.  It is our goal to make this a truly international meeting. I would also like to call your attention to the thematic linkage between technical sessions and field trips that enable participants to "build their own field forum".

The meeting site is: http://www.geosociety.org/Sections/cord/2013mtg/index.htm

The technical session/call for papers link for abstract submission is: http://www.geosociety.org/Sections/cord/2013mtg/techProg.htm

The field trip link is: http://www.geosociety.org/Sections/cord/2013mtg/fieldTrips.htm

I hope to see many of you in Fresno next May.  If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]

Cheers,

John Wakabayashi