GRANULITES AND GRANULITES 2013, HYDERABAD, INDIA

The website for Granulites and Granulites 2013 (http://ggindia2013.com/)
is now fully operational for on-line registration, accommodation booking,
and abstract submission, and we invite everyone with an interest in
high-temperature metamorphism to join us in India for an exciting program
of events in the field and the conference hall.

Schedule of Events

8-10 January 2013: THERMOCALC workshop on metamorphic phase diagrams,
IIT-Kharagpur (http://ggindia2013.com/workshop.html)
11-15 January 2013: Pre-Conference Fieldtrip to the Eastern Ghats
(http://ggindia2013.com/easternghats.html)
16-20 January 2013: Granulites and Granulites 2013, Hyderabad, including a
special session in honour of Michael Brown
(http://ggindia2013.com/themes.html)
21-25 January 2103: Post-Conference Fieldtrip to the Kerala Khondalite
Belt (http://ggindia2013.com/keralakhondalite.html)

We encourage registration by 15 November, particularly for the field
trips, which will visit classic and controversial exposures of
high-temperature metamorphic rock and both of which are filling up.
Abstracts should be submitted by 1 December to be considered for a place
in the conference program of oral presentations.

We also wish to highlight the availability of sponsored places for Indian
participants on the THERMOCALC workshop and the two field trips.
Information on the application process is available on the web site
(http://ggindia2013.com/workshop.html for the workshop and
http://ggindia2013.com/fieldtrip.html for the field trips).

Those delegates who registered for the conference before hotel information
was available can now return to the registration portal and book
accommodation if they wish to take advantage of the recommended hotel
options close to the conference venue in Hyderabad.

Also please remember that all international delegates will need to obtain
a visa from their local Indian embassy (or equivalent) before travel to
India (see http://ggindia2013.com/visa_guidelines.html for further
information), and we recommend that you seek medical advice on
vaccinations or travel medications well before you leave.

Ian Fitzsimons and Chris Clark,

Convenors, Granulites and Granulites 2013

Ian Fitzsimons
Professor | Department of Applied Geology
Western Australian School of Mines

Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 2455
Fax | +61 8 9266 3153

Email | [log in to unmask]
Web | geology.curtin.edu.au

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)