I have here my mother’s (and, indeed, my grandmother’s) copy of The News Chronicle Song Book, a well known anthology of popular songs produced and printed by Novello. It has songs of this era in it, and the book was designed for family/community singing, so I’m sure children will have sung the songs in school.

I attach a pdf of the two contents pages

Best

Barry

Barry Creasy

research, consultation, evaluation,