Hi all,

I think working within inner London should also be a consideration.

With kind regards,

Steph

From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Trudie Cole
Sent: 07 November 2012 16:38
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Freelance fees

I know it’s a bit late in the day to respond to this, but having just seen this thread I feel the need to contribute.

A previous poster mentioned the calculations for a freelancers daily rate being based on the average wage of about £26500 and I think I ought to point out that many salaried learning posts are well below this (somewhere around £21-£23k seems to be about average). I am not suggesting freelancers ought to ask for less, but I do think that salaried posts also ought to be reflective of the skills and experience involved.

The conclusion I draw from all this is that learning staff are undervalued and I wonder what as a sector we can do to address this (particularly in these troubled times)!
Trudie Cole
Learning and Access Manager
Culture and Community Learning, Borough of Poole
Poole Museum Service
• 4 High Street, Poole BH15 1BW
• 01202 262 623
• www.boroughofpoole.com/museumlearning<http://www.boroughofpoole.com/museumlearning>
P Do you really need to print this email?