Subject: Re: fmri set up

From: Mark Jenkinson <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 00:48:03 +0000
Dear Lorena,

I would basically do the first option, which treats the neutral as the baseline. This means having one EV, but I would specify it without the rows ending with zeros.  That is, the specification of this EV is just like the second one (EV2) in the second case.  Then you just have a +1 contrast for incongruent > neutral and a -1 contrast for neutral > incongruent.  There are no other contrasts that you can estimate if you have no baseline condition.

All the best,
	Mark