Hi there Stefano,

> Is this patch for eddy already available?

we are working intensely on it, but it is not finished just yet.

> Another question I have is the following: would it be possible (or even a sensible thing to do) to create individual top-up distortion maps for each pair of diffusion weighted images (blip-up and down), and then correct each pair individually with top-up. Shouldn’t this do the same job as eddy?

Just to add to Matt's point here.

In principle you are right that if you have blip-up and blip-down for each direction then that pair would allow you to estimate both susceptibility and EC distortions. The information in such a pair is part of the information that is used inside eddy.

There are a few caveats to that though

1. It still doesn't give you any information of the position of this pair relative to other pairs (i.e. subject movement).
2. If one of the volumes in that pair has artefacts such as e.g. slice drop-out it will cause problems. In eddy we are considering all the images at the same time so an artefact can be quite easily identified by virtue of "voting".

Jesper