Hi - those are the different methods for multivariate discriminant analysis - all simple methods.  See the matlab code in FSLnets for more information about what the different methods are.   The percentages are overall accuracy when running a leave-one-out test.

These results are rather close to 50% (chance) - so not very hopeful wrt discriminating between your two groups!

Cheers.

On 10 Nov 2012, at 16:16, Cornelius Werner wrote:

> Hello list, dear experts,
>
> I am currently analyzing a set of data comprising resting state fMRI measurements from both 23 patients and 23 controls by means of dual regression. I am also having a look at the resulting dr1 files with FSLNets, which yields interesting results. However, I am a little dumbfounded on how to intepret the output given by
>
> [lda_percentages]=nets_lda(netmat2,23)
>
> lda_percentages =
>
>   Columns 1 through 6
>
>    58.6957   60.8696   63.0435   41.3043   43.4783   65.2174
>
>   Column 7
>
>    56.5217
>
> What do these percentages represent? Is this in any way a significant result? Are they the results of the lda(1-7,n) calls at the end of the nets_lda.m script? Where could I read up on the method employed?
>
> OK, thanks a lot for helping me!
> Cheers, Cornelius
>
> --
> Cornelius Werner