Greetings,

I am part of a team-taught course next semester on forced migration at Virginia Tech.  The course is part of an interdisciplinary program called the Alliance for Social, Political, Ethical, and Culture Thought ( http://www.aspect.vt.edu/ ) and we expect to draw students from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds.  I am a historian of Africa; the other faculty are in English/Women and Gender Studies, and Religion & Culture.  We have tentatively identified four areas that we wish to address:

Human rights and NGOs
Narratives
Media and Representation
Nation and Identity

I was hoping others on the list might have syllabi or reading lists to share, or advice on readings we should include (or avoid!)

Thanks
Brett Shadle

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by Forced Migration
Online, Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International
Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or
extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/discussion/forced-migration-discussion-list-posting-guidelines