My eyes perked up at the mention of predication in the notes below.  I've treated this subject in the context of the question of narration in film, and found that predication authority is one of the elements that to my mind require that we posit a cinematic narrator. The essay is here:  "The Cinematic Narrator: The Logic and Pragmatics of Impersonal Narration," Journal of Film and Video, Vol. 42.1 (Spring 1990): 3-16.  A summary of this position is in New Vocabularies (profuse apologies for the self promotion, but I love this subject)!  Seymour Chatman has a different take on the question of predication in Coming to Terms.

Robert