From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chloe Hindmarsh
Sent: 18 November 2012 22:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Resources for teachers

Hi All

Following on from discussion in workshops at the NATECLA Midlands Day conference on Saturday, we are developing the resources section of the website to include links to resources for ESOL teachers. These will be under different headings and we would like to ask members of the ESOL community to contribute any links that might be of interest. Once developed, these will be grouped together and available here: http://www.natecla.org.uk/content/469/Resources and we will update this area regularly.

The next NATECLA Day conference will be on 1st December and will be held at Freeman College in Sheffield. Further details are available here: http://www.natecla.org.uk/events_detail.aspx?Id=658

Here are some examples that came from the conference to get us started:

British Council ESOL Nexus Teacher materials - a wide range of materials which are specifically designed for teachers who are working with learners who are settling in the U.K. We hope the lesson plans, activities and training opportunities featured here will be of use to you in your work supporting these learners as they integrate into U.K. culture, society and work. http://esol.britishcouncil.org/teachers

British Council ESOL Nexus Learner materials - materials that have been specially designed and identified for learners who are working and making their home in the UK. http://esol.britishcouncil.org/

NLN - National partnership programme aiming to increase the uptake of Information and Learning Technology (ILT) across post-16 education in England http://www.nln.ac.uk/

Weebly - Easy tool to create a free website to use and update with your students http://www.weebly.com/

Vocaroo - a quick and easy way to share voice messages over the internet http://vocaroo.com/

--
Best wishes,

Chloe Hindmarsh
National Co-ordinator

[http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png]<https://twitter.com/#!/NATECLA>

Email:     [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Address: NATECLA National Centre, Skills for Life Department, South & City College Birmingham College, Hall Green Campus, Cole Bank Road, Birmingham, B28 8ES United Kingdom
Website:  www.natecla.org.uk<http://www.natecla.org.uk/>
NATECLA National Centre Tel: (0121) 688 8121 Mobile:    (07729) 216033

[http://groups.google.com/intl/en/images/logos/groups_logo_sm.gif]<http://groups.google.com/group/natecla-esol-forum?hl=en>

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>