Does anyone know anything about elections and disability, specifically in relation to the accessibility of candidate/party manifestoes?

In England we're having an election for Police and Crime Commissioners. There's been a lot said in the media questioning the reasons behind these newly created roles. In particular the lack of information about candidates has been notably, with candidate/party websites being the only real source of information except one public information website.

I contacted five candidates in my area to ask whether they had any literature in alternative formats. Only one replied offering help with this matter, whilst another apologised that this was not possible due to 'limits in available resources'.

I'm wondering whether this is legal and proper, because it clearly isn't ethical.

Thanks,

Chris