Reading through this thread I agree that the chances of getting DVLA data are pretty much nil.

Even if you could though, this raises issues about the personal data of the wider public, as I'd assume that a lot of parked vehicles in the locale aren't anything to do with your students.  Beyond this, even if a car is linked with a student, is there not a chance that it's registered keeper will be the student's parent?

Basically I think the notion of photographing vehicles and then tracking back to its owner seems a functional non-starter - to enforce the policy / residency condition it looks more like you'll need to observe individual students and prove your case from the individual evidence thus obtained.

I would caution against the use of vehicles in posters etc though, as this would seem a rather different use of an individual's data than the sanctions currently in your terms.

Regards,

Owen