Dear all,

I have been using both 0.7-pre-1-r4135 and 0.7-pre-1-r4307 on fedora 17 and I'm having problems with atom labels.

It doesn't seem to matter what maps or pdb I use and everything is fine until I display an atom label. When I do the program grinds to a halt. Rotations take many seconds to complete and spacing my way across alpha carbons is near impossible. I have never experienced anything like it before and can't seem to find anyone else who has either. I've tried toggling settings and the only way around it I can come up with is to turn off all atom labels at all times but this is not that useful as you could imagine.

I don't have much experience with debugging programs so I apologise in advance for my ignorance.

Thanks for your time, any help would be great.
GM