On Fri, 2012-10-12 at 12:55 -0400, Ben Eisenbraun wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:42:23PM -0400, Ben Eisenbraun wrote:
> > Howdy Coot-ers,
> >
> > Clicking Extensions->Modelling->Jligand launch results in:
> >
> > Environment variable JLIGAND_HOME not set
> > jligand java jar file: ./jligand.jar not found
> >
> > And in the terminal:
> >
> > (info-dialog "Environment variable JLIGAND_HOME not set
> > jligand java jar file: ./jligand.jar not found")
> >
> > It looks like the environment variable bit is a red herring, since setting
> > it doesn't actually work.
>
> Well, maybe it's not totally a red herring, since I now seem to have to
> change both the jligand.scm file _and_ put JLIGAND_HOME in the environment
> in order to get it to work.
>
> I was initially eyeballing the jligand.py file, which helpfully searches
> $CCP4_BIN for the jar file before giving up, so maybe that was the behavior
> that I saw when it was working without the JLIGAND_HOME setting.
>
> Can I force a Coot build to prefer the python extensions over the Scheme
> ones?

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay - I've been traveling and together with a lack of
internet on my laptop and mail on my other computer - and one or two
other distractions have contributed to my lack of correspondence here.

I am getting back on track now, I hope.

So, it seems that CCP4 has settled on JLigand.jar I will change that in
the repo today.

We are working on a "prefer-python" system, but I don't think that it
has made its way to the user interface yet.

Cheers,

Paul.