Hi folks:

I'm trying to get a sense for how frequently this sort of thing occurs:

That was a macbook air that served me well for four years, but then self-destructed. (I took it to the Apple store.  They generously offered to repair it for $800 or to sell me a new one, and suggested this was normal if you leave the power cord attached after the battery charges, even while giving a lecture or seminar.)  It strikes me as a bit dangerous.

--Bill Scott

William G. Scott
Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
228 Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA