Dear Michael,

I work with capillaries in a regular bases to grow crystal and use them for RT data collection or cryogenic temperature data collection at home source or at synchrotron sources. I like better borosilicate glass capillaries from Triana (http://www.trianatech.com/), as Patrick has already mentioned, for the cylindrical type but if I need capillaries with a reservoir them I go for the standard power diffraction capillaries from http://www.capillarytubes.co.uk/acatalog/Borosilicate_Glass_Capillary_Tubes.html which are similar to those from Hampton (http://www.capillarytubes.co.uk/acatalog/Borosilicate_Glass_Capillary_Tubes.html), etc.

All of them will give you some background but any of them will affect dramatically your data quality. You can do a search in ActaD or F and get good inputs on that (=367 articles match your search capillaries).

On my hands borosilicate capillaries are easier to handle than Quartz capillaries and probably cheaper.

Gavi.

____________________________________
Dr. José A. Gavira Gallardo

Laboratorio de Estudios Cristalográficos
IACT, (CSIC-UGR)
Av. de las Palmeras, 4
18100 Armilla (Granada)

Tel.: 958 230000 Ext. 19 01 06
Fax: 958 55 26 20

e-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
web: http://lec.ugr.es/~gavi/