As only small part of the molecules is shown and it appears to be in poly-alanine representation, more interesting
thing may happened apart of "numerical instabilities" of Fourier transform. These can be mutually exclusive conformations that brake local symmetry but preserve overall symmetry.
The alts penetrate forbidden region of the symmetry, but only from one molecule.
I have seen such things. BTW what program was used to calculate maps?
FF
Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor

e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel:  ++972-3640-8723