To limit the study of the history of African and Asian people in the UK is pointless and not useful.

Such people may have direct links with the Middle East.

arthur

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:16:00 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: THE MIDDLE EAST
To: [log in to unmask]

BASA = the Black & Asian Studies Association. In practice, this has meant people of African and Indian sub-continent origins/descent. The focus of our work was uncovering and propagating their history in the UK and dealing with certain aspects of discrimination, especially in the education system, in libraries and in archives. Surely we cannot extend to take in all ‘settlers’.