Hi all,

I thought people should be warned to be very cautious about the IR capability of the RNET Omni-IR (from my experience). One of my clients initially purchased this and we were hoping it would be key to integrating some of his AT needs.

Well over a year on and we are still yet to have a device that works with most of the equipment in his home. Notably, it does not currently work with any Possum device. Learning the code via a PROG did not work/help.  It also did not work with many of the mainstream devices my client had. Also, note, the max number of codes is 150.

The promise of this is high - the programming/setup is good (better than most EC devices!) and it could be a great integration option, so I very much hope they get this sorted.

I probably should have alerted the list to this sooner, but forgot (the last message prompted my memory!) and I think I was also giving PG a chance to sort this - but my patience has run out. PG have been claiming to be trying to sort this, and have contacted Possum who have been co-operative, but as I say, over a year on and no progress.

Unless this is sorted v soon, I will take this through NHS supplies to pursue.

Has anyone else had this issue, or is it just me?!

Cheers,

Simon

Senior Clinical Scientist
Assistive Technology Team

01226 432159

www.barnsleyhospital.nhs.uk/at

Dept of Medical Physics
Block 14
Barnsley District General Hospital Foundation Trust Gawber Road Barnsley
S75 2EP

Thank you for your co-operation.