Dear Nick

Thanks for this statement on Ruskin from TNA.  I think it's clear from the response to my FoI request (see http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/records_management) that the College has not managed its records in line with the code of practice and has badly misjudged what we might call its "archival stakeholders".  For those following or catching up with the saga, there's a round-up of links at http://msarahwickham.wordpress.com/2012/11/04/ruskin-round-up/ and other personal thoughts on the blog.

The whole episode has raised some major issues for the profession, and I would be interested to hear from the Archives & Records Association and the IRMS, as well as JISC, whether any similar public statements are being made.

Best wishes

Sarah
posting in my personal capacity...

M Sarah Wickham, MA, MA, Registered Archivist & Records Manager
Project Director, Heritage @ Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield

+44 (0)1484 473 935
Web: http://library.hud.ac.uk/heritage/