Hi

We are renewing our University SWAN submission this year, along with all of our STEM departments (based over 3 faculties) working towards individual submissions.

The co-ordination of this project is a substantial part of my role, working with a self-assessment panel for the University submission, and with 3 HR advisors (1 for each faculty) for the departmental submissions.  We are supported by the HR Assistant for E&D, and by volunteer 'champions' in each department, who each sit on their departmental panels.  The faculties each have a steering group to co-ordinate and share good practice across the faculties, which feeds back up to the University level work.  We used a consultant for about 15 days to help run focus groups in departments.  The rest of the work is being co-ordinated by us in HR working with the panel members in departments.

For each of us, this is only part of our role, and is currently taking up an awful lot of time!  The most difficult and time consuming part is getting good data, and being able to analyse it; along with running the consultations to get qualitative data.

Very happy to discuss if you want to talk in person.

bw
Julie