ECU_logo.jpg

ECU_Strapline 1 line RGB.jpg

* Apologies for cross-posting *

Dear Colleagues,

At ECU we want to know we are providing the right services and resources to support you and advance equality and diversity. We are therefore pleased to invite you to participate in our second annual survey of our stakeholders in the higher education sector, the results of which will provide a means of measuring ECU’s progress against last year’s baseline.

Your opinion is invaluable in helping us assess our impact and in informing priorities and areas of work for the future, and will be considered as part of the review of ECU by its funders in 2013. Key findings of the survey will be available in our annual review, to be published in early 2013.

This survey is open from 13 November – 10 December and includes sections which will ask you about:

• you and your institution

• your interaction with ECU

• how ECU supports your work and suggestions for our development

• your equality and diversity priorities for the coming year

Prize draw

As a token of our gratitude, three survey respondents will be selected at random to receive a £50 voucher for John Lewis. When you finish the survey you will be redirected to a separate page where you can provide your details to enter the prize draw. These will be stored separately and not linked in any way to your survey response. Please note that only respondents who complete the survey will be eligible for the prize draw.

Email invitations

If you have previously received a personal email invitation to complete the survey, please use the link provided in your email. This is so that we are able to determine how many lead contacts participated in the survey; you will not be identified from this information.

Taking the survey

If you have not received a personal email invitation to complete the survey, please click on the link that best corresponds to your role to participate:

Equality and Diversity Practitioner (20-25 minutes to complete)

Human Resources (15-20 minutes to complete)

Alternative Format

If you require the survey in an alternative format, please contact Stephanie Neave on 0207 438 1020 or email [log in to unmask].

More information

For more information about the survey, please visit http://www.ecu.ac.uk/news/annual-sector-survey-2012 or contact Stephanie Neave at the above telephone number or email address.

We thank you in advance for your time and participation.

Best wishes,

Equality Challenge Unit

ECU is a registered charity, funded by grants from the UK higher education sector funding bodies, with contributions from Universities UK and GuildHE, and works to further and support equality and diversity for staff and students in higher education across all four nations of the UK, and in further education in Scotland.

Stephanie Neave
Research and Data Officer
T:         020 7438 1020
E:        [log in to unmask]

Equality Challenge Unit
7th floor, Queens House
55/56 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London, WC2A 3LJ
T:         020 7438 1010
F:         020 7438 1011
W:       www.ecu.ac.uk

Follow us on Twitter: @EqualityinHE

Equality Challenge Unit

Company limited by guarantee with company registration number 05689975

Registered charity in England and Wales with charity registration number 1114417
Registered office: 7th floor, Queens House, 55/56 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ, United Kingdom.

Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) works to further and support equality and diversity for staff and students in higher education across all four nations of the UK, and in colleges in Scotland. ECU is funded by Universities UK, GuildHE, the Higher Education Funding Council for England, the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, the Scottish Funding Council and the Department for Employment and Learning in Northern Ireland.

Although every effort is made to ensure that the information contained within this email is accurate and up to date, ECU cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. The information is not a substitute for legal advice, and should you require more specific advice you should consult an appropriately qualified professional adviser.

This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you should not copy or disclose this message to anyone but should kindly notify the sender and delete the message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of ECU shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. No contracts shall be concluded by means of this email.

Neither ECU nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses. The administrator of this email service reserves the right to access and disclose all messages sent over its email system.