In the same vein, is anyone doing "high sensitivity troponins" on Beckman DXI to permit 6 hour rule-out?

What sort of performance are you getting?  Is the assay adequately robust at these low levels?

Michael

From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ryan, Michael
Sent: 29 November 2012 09:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 3hour rule-out hs-troponin protocol

Dear Colleagues,

I have been approached by our A/E team to provide evidence for consideration of the introduction of a 3-hour rule-out  protocol for ACS/MI. Our laboratory uses Roche hs-TnT. Naturally, it is driven by the 4-hour wait issue for A/E departments.

We currently use an admission and 6-hour protocol.

How many Trusts are using a 3 hour protocol and all advice and guidance would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Michael Ryan

This email may contain proprietary and/or confidential information and is intended for the use of addressee(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your e-mail system. If you are not the intended recipient(s) alteration, disclosure, distribution, copying or printing of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Northern Health and Social Care Trust.

Unless legally exempt, the content of this e-mail and any attachments or replies may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Whilst Northern Health and Social Care Trust has taken every reasonable precaution to protect against infection by computer viruses, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of computer viruses. You should therefore carry out your own virus checks prior to opening any attachment contained within this e-mail. (NHSCT_DM_01)

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

________________________________
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Great Western Hospital Marlborough Road Swindon
SN3 6BB
Tel 01793 60 40 20

http://www.gwh.nhs.uk

Register to become a member of the Trust at https://members.gwh.nhs.uk

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual(s) addressed.
If you believe you have received this e-mail in error, disclosing, copying, distributing or retaining this message, or any part of it, is strictly prohibited; please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
All messages sent by the Trust are checked for viruses but this does not, and cannot, guarantee that a virus has not been transmitted.
The Trust accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with this e-mail.

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk