Dear all,

I am writing to ask all ROCHE Cobas 8000 users if they have also experienced significant variation in their internal QC, both with Roche and Randox QC material.

We are using the c701 module and multiple lots of reagent pack: CO2-L, ACN 8156 ver 04.10.605.

The problem started in Sept/Oct 2012.

We had to take Bicarb off the repertoire for a week because of its poor performance and now only cope with regular blank calibrations (every 1-2 hours) and QC.

Has anyone else experienced this and have they monitored ambient CO2? What cal/qc regime is being followed?

Many thanks

Wolf

Wolf Woltersdorf MD MRCP FRCPath
Clinical Lead for Laboratory Medicine
Consultant Senior Lecturer in Chemical Pathology
Head of U-STAR Research
University Hospitals Bristol; BS2 8HW; UK

Tel: (+44) 0117-342 3245 (Secretary)
Tel: (+44) 0117-342 2139  (Pathology Day Unit)
Tel: (+44) 0117-342 2392  (U-STAR Research Office)
Fax: (+44) 0117-342 3107
Email: [log in to unmask] (NHS)
Email: [log in to unmask]        (University)

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/