This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. --------------- Dear all,

I am interested to hear from any museum of industrial heritage/archaeology, or group or society, who has undergone a programme of documentation, conservation and storage of its collections to museum standards.

I am particularly interested to hear from people who have taken collections from 'rescue' stage through to finding (and funding) appropriate storage, access and if appropriate display. This could be for collections including anything from steam boilers to wooden foundry patterns, rare working and non-working machinery, parts of historical working objects, motors and any related object that could be constituted in an industrial collection.

Do you follow the standards outlined in the old MGC's Larger and Working Objects handbook?

If you are part of a group or society that collects artefacts related to the industrial heritage of your town or region and are now thinking of how to preserve it for the future? Do you rescue industrial objects and then try and find a permanent, public home for them or are you seeking to create your own museum, study or reference centre?

Are you finding it difficult to find the expertise and resources to conserve your industrial collections?

I would be very grateful if anyone would like to share their experiences with me and in turn I would be happy to give you more information about the project I am currently involved in.

Please reply to me off-list to: [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,
Tehmina

--
Dr Tehmina Goskar, MA AMA

Heritage Consultant & Historian -- Industrial Heritage -- Digital Heritage -- Collections Management -- Interpretation -- Research
http://tehmina.goskar.com/
Twitter: @tehm

Read about my research on copper: http://copper.goskar.com/

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST