Hi

Just to add my situation.

We run mandatory profiles (one for staff and one for students – both 5.4mb each) and logins take between 8 and 15 seconds depending on the age of the PC.

Our base image runs;

Win7 x32 Enterprise

Office 2010

Adobe CS4 Design Suite Premium

And a load of other software (attached)

We allow staff and students to have the appearance of “roaming” by reg-hacks; for example on logout some Microsoft Office registry keys are exported to their home area and are applied on login. Its not a full roaming profile but from canvassing user comments its really only Office/Adobe CS that the students want to be able to customise.

So when a user changes the Office Toolbar its saved on logout into the registry and then re-applied on login.

We have 2 roaming profiles for a couple of our SLDD students, these take around 20-25 seconds to login, but these are being removed as we find out the regkeys that the students alter in relation to their specific needs.

John Paul Szkudlapski
Network Manager ( Computer Services )
phone: 0151 651 3720
fax: 0151 653 4419
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web: www.bsfc.ac.uk

Like us on Facebook :- facebook.com/birkenheadsixthformcollege
Follow us on Twitter : - twitter.com/bsfc

The contents of this e-mail are the personal views of the sender, which may not necessarily reflect those of the college.
This message has been scanned for viruses. The college cannot accept any responsability for any viruses which may have come from external sources.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007
www.codetwo.com