In the first paper that I reference, I describe how to create the
first three priors for the monkey. The same approach can be used for
dogs. I have not tried to create the other priors that are used in NEW
SEGMENT. While NEW SEGMENT is better, you could still use UNIFIED
SEGMENTATION to get the grey matter and white matter segments and then
import them into DARTEL as described in the second paper that I
referenced.

You have two options:
(1) Generate all the priors and use NEW SEGMENT;
(2) Generate grey matter, white matter, and CSF priors and use UNIFIED
SEGMENTATION.

In either case, you will need to build the priors. The way the priors
are constructed are described in my paper and I also provide
references for the papers that described the creation of the human
priors. John might be able to provide more detail on how to create the
skull and other priors.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School