Dear all,
I am getting in touch with news of some exciting opportunities that I
hope will be of interest.

Bursaries for SocRel Annual Conference ‘Material Religion’

This year SocRel have been able to significantly expand bursary
provision to facilitate Postgraduate and Early Career Scholar
attendance at the SocRel Annual Conference ‘Material Religion’
9th-11th April 2013. Successful applicants will have the full cost of
the conference covered.

Further information and a bursary application form is on the SocRel
website http://socrel.org.uk/ along with the Call for Papers for the
conference. Bursaries are open to those who present a paper at the
conference. Last year’s SocRel conference was the first academic
conference I had presented at and I found the experience to be
immensely positive and the feedback received was very helpful to the
development of my PhD project. I would really encourage you to apply;
it is a very supportive environment for a Postgraduate student to
present work in progress. Please note the deadline for abstract
submissions is 31st October.

Aspiring Academics Postgraduate Event – Diary Date and Your Input
Needed!

Due to generous provision from the Higher Education Academy, SocRel is
able to provide a Postgraduate Event on the 8th-9th April in Durham,
immediately preceding the Material Religions conference. This is a
great opportunity for us to get together as Postgraduates and to
receive relevant training.

More details and registration will be available on the SocRel website
in due course, however, we would really like your input as we put this
event together. What are the areas that you, as a Postgraduate, would
like training and support in? Are there particular ideas for topics
that you would like to see on the programme for this event? How could
this event best serve you?

  Please do email me any suggestions to [log in to unmask]

Essay Competition

The website also has details about the Peter B. Clarke Memorial Prize.
This is a great opportunity to develop your writing skills and
potentially to have a paper published.

On the website you will also find the latest edition of the SocRel
newsletter. Please do get in touch if there is anything else that I
can help you with or if you have any ideas for how SocRel can better
support Postgraduates that you would like me to raise with the SocRel
Committee.

  I look forward to hearing from you. All the best with your research,

  Jo.

Jo McKenzie

SocRel Postgraduate Officer

SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group.
To  join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>
Send contributions to the list by
sending messages to: [log in to unmask]
To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>