Dear All,

I would be really interested to hear from any small institutions using Google Mail (& the wider suite of tools, such as Google Docs, that comes with Google Apps for Education package).

The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art is considering switching to using these cloud based services for conducting business & I am aware that there are various issues we need to consider (not least security & privacy) before doing so.   I am particularly interested in speaking to anyone who would be willing to share their experience of negotiating & establishing a suitable contract & service level agreement.

We are a very small educational/charity institution whose core business includes awarding grants & fellowship; organising academic activities; teaching Yale-in-London students and managing an archive, library and photographic archive.  It would be particularly helpful to speak to anyone at a like-institution who has gone down this path.

Finally, I have read the very useful guidance available on the JISC website on this subject, but if anyone can point me in the direction of additional sources of help/information I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

Charlotte Brunskill
Archivist & Records Manager
16 Bedford Square