Apologies for cross posting.

NEW DEADLINE - 15th NOVEMBER 2012

We welcome submission of short papers (~1500 words) for the 21st annual GIS Research UK conference that is being held at the University of Liverpool.

Full information can be found on our website: http://liverpool.gisruk.org/

SOME NEWS:
1) As an additional GISRUK prize this year, OSGEO UK will also be supporting an award for the best GISRUK paper using open source software (http://liverpool.gisruk.org/prizes.php)

2) If you are an early career researcher, please remember that there are bursaries available: http://liverpool.gisruk.org/bursaries.php

Submissions can be on all aspects of methodological, applied or theoretical GIS; and we are especially interested in receiving papers on our conference themes:

*Crime and Policing
*Open GIS
*Environmental GIS
*Neogeography
*Health and Wellbeing
*Qualitative GIS
*Simulation and Modelling
*Transport Systems
*Urban Planning
*Visualisation
*Spatial Analysis

All papers will be subject to peer review with accepted papers allocated to oral (short and long) and poster sessions accordingly. Conference proceedings including all papers accepted for oral and poster presentation will be made available as a free e-book.

The main conference will be preceded by an optional workshop on Geographic Data Visualisation in R, and additionally the Young Researchers Forum.

We are delighted to confirm three keynote speakers for the 2013 conference including:

Professor Jason Dykes - City University, London, UK
Professor Paul Longley - University College London, UK
Professor Harvey Miller - University of Utah, USA

The closing date for submissions is now 15th November 2012; with peer review decisions expected by mid January 2013.

We will be using the twitter hashtag #gisruk2013 and have the account @GISRUK2013 if you would like to follow us for updates.

Local organising committee: Alex Singleton (Chair), Chris Brunsdon, Paul Williamson, Karyn Morrissey, John Marsden, Chris Lloyd, Gemma Catney, Peter Brown, Peter Batey