From: "Poetryetc: poetry and poetics"
Sent:Mon, 8 Oct 2012 07:44:38 +1100
Subject:Re: The words of dog

 took me a while to bring to mind, but once I googled, up it came:

 "In his ''Dawn After the Wreck,'' J. M. W. Turner depicts ''a wraith
of a dog,'' the lone survivor after the shipwreck of the modern.
Turner's dog barks at immensity - but without bombast."

 whose words these are I can't say… but the painting by Turner calls
for a caption…

 On 08/10/2012, at 7:37 AM, Bill Wootton wrote:

 > These dog words spoke to me, Laurence and I'm not even a doggy
person. Dogs and salt water waves.