On 06/10/12 21:50, Lawrence Upton wrote:
> 	Lawn Tennyson, Chris
>
> 	In Memoriam

Thanks for comments, as I have said before, posted for a reason, even if
somewhat queer.

In Memoriam, long since I read this and it does have homosexual references.

But thinking about it some more, I am more tempted to say Freud and hysteria.

Historically, heterosexual did not cement itself (as historic) until around the mid 20th century. The homosexual personage appeared before that in the 19th century. So it can be a little difficult to back project. History doesn't occur as a series of empirical dates so to follow this leads to fatalism. (And moral judgement as a fatal error.)

Homophobia is a relation of forces which tends to the universal and establishes an idea of heterosexual, which was cemented in place around 1950. So the notion of heterosexual is forced into being by homophobia. These are, of course, abstract forces and not individual activity.

Historical materialism is a tool to understand the present, hence my excursion over history. The decade of the 1970's historically changed the above. This also set the 80s up as difficult to understand... More to it, but far to tired from catching up with lgbt cinema and video.